Suda 51 praises Nintendo's commitment to indie studios




The Japanese creative works on a new No More Heroes for Nintendo Switch.

Author of titles as prominent as Killer 7, Let it Die or The Silver Case, Goichi Suda has praised the commitment of Nintendo with indie studios, which has given a great prominence in the first months of life of its new console, the successful Nintendo Switch.

"In the last two years I've seen how much Nintendo has dedicated to spreading the word about indie games, trying to help its creators become more popular and get more support," said Suda 51 in an interview with Game Informer. "It's really obvious that Nintendo has started to worry a lot more about indie."

Embedded in the development of the highly anticipated No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again for Nintendo Switch, the Japanese creative says that throughout his career as a video game developer "I had never had this opportunity before. I have never seen a platform or company that really shows that they care. My games or my series, and they are really offering me great support, I really appreciate it and it's one of the reasons I'm so happy to work with Nintendo, they show that they care, "insists Suda 51.

The creative goes further, noting that this kind of attention he receives from Nintendo does not believe he can "find it elsewhere". Months ago, the new No More Heroes was one of the main protagonists of a Nintendo Direct, but it is not the first time that independent videogames have taken center stage in this class of online broadcasts.

Comments